Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesdays with David: I'm Sure I Saw a Dinosaur

I'm Sure I Saw a Dinosaur
By Jeanne Willis
Illustrations by Adrian Reynolds
Andersen Press September 2011
Suggested Age Range: Age 4-8

I'm Sure I Saw a Dinosaur (Andersen Press Picture Books)

One morning, a little boy in a seaside town spots a dinosaur. He tells the fisherman, which sets off a chain reaction. People rush to the beach - the priest, the scientists, the army and air force, and the baker. But there's a tiny detail about the dinosaur sighting that the boy failed to mention...

This is a cute book, told in rhyme. The illustrations are adorable, and David thought it was very funny. Kids love other mischievous kids, don't they? 

Thoughts from David: “What I like about it is I like when they’re on the beach and when he sees a dinosaur."

What would you do if you saw a dinosaur? “I don’t know...I actually do know. I would fight it with bricks. I would tell my Grammy and Aunt Sara and Aunt Christina.”

What is your favorite part? “When he dresses up as a dinosaur!” 



Happy Reading! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment