Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Monday and it is chilly around here!


How was your week? Mine was busy, but good. I talked to my sister in Kenya via Skype (it explains my new Kenyan readership hmmm?), went to a ladies church luncheon, and spent a lot of time snuggling under blankets reading. Winter weather is awesome for reading, am I right?
I was also really excited to discover that Blogger finally lets you respond to individual comments. Hooray! Now I can reply to all of the insightful, witty comments you leave around this here blog. 

Read This Week:

Mr. Fox
By Helen Oyeyemi

Mighty Be Our Powers
By Leymah Growee

Posts from This Week:

Coming Up Next:

Nightwoods
By Charles Frazier

Catching Fire
By Suzanne Collins

What are you reading this week? Classics or chick lit? Dan Brown or Charles Dickens? Let me know in the comments - my TBR list is only 30 something pages long...

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Fox is on my list of books to be read soon - did you like it? And I loved The Hunger Games series - so hope you enjoy Catching Fire this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like it. It was very different from anything I've read. I think I am still processing a little bit!

      Delete
  2. Mighty Be Our Powers looks good and ooh..... Catching Fire! Great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire is on my TBR. With the three day weekend, I had a chance to finish a bunch of books I've been working on the last month. Please come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the author of Mighty be the Powers was on the Daily Show with John Stewart. VERY smart and well spoken :)

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete