Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday with David: No, David!

No, David!
By David Shannon
Scholastic September 1998
From our shelves


The story: The David of this story (quite like a David I know) is a bit of a troublemaker. He tracks mud into the house, runs naked through the streets, and breaks his mother's vase. Despite his misbehaving, his mother reassures him of her love.

Mama opines: I think it is so important for our kids to know that, as many times as we banish them to the time-out corner, we love them dearly. This is a fun book with few words and really crazy pictures. I do have to agree with my mother-in-law though, that the protagonist of our story does look a little devilish with his pointy teeth! 

Thoughts from David: I like it because all of the parts are my favorite. The pictures are pretty cool. It teaches me about no-ness.
Favorite part: I like when he’s naked and going down the sidewalk!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment