Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August Wrap-Up

Summer is over? Can I please have some more? Actually, I am feeling ready for the cooler temperatures, some cozy sweaters and blankets, a nice cup of coffee with a piece of pumpkin pie....You get the idea.

How was your summer reading? Do you find you read more in the summer or in the cooler weather?

Books Reviewed in August: 11
Pages Read: 4093
Fiction/Non-fiction: 10/1
Female authors/male authors: 6/5
My books/library books: 2/9
Lindsey's favorite book in August: Angelmaker (honorable mentions go to The Fault in Our Stars and The Song of Achilles)

Books reviewed by David: 3
David's favorite book in August: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

In honor of the fact that my little guy is having his first day of preschool today, I thought we would enjoy a little blast from the past...



What was the best book that you read in August?

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! I hope he enjoys his first day of school :)

    My fave book of August, hmm. The Headmaster's Wager

    I would have said To Kill a Mockingbird but that was a re-read for me so I didn't count it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer! Hmm...I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird since high school. Maybe it's time for me to have a re-read as well. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so ready for autumn and colder weather but we're having a bit of an Indian summer here.

    Lovely blast from the past photo, hope his first day at preschool went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of muggy around here as well. It's cooled down a bit, but the days can't decide if they want to be rainy or sunny!
      David is having a blast at preschool, although I think he wishes I would pick him up before rest time!

      Delete