Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesdays with David: King Arthur's Very Great Grandson

King Arthur's Very Great Grandson
By Kenneth Kraegel 
Candlewick 2012
From the library


The story: On the day he turns six years old, Henry Alfred Grummorson sets out to have a grand adventure like his great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather King Arthur. He has heard that there are many fierce creatures in the land, including a cyclops, a dragon, a griffin, and a leviathan. Can he use his strength and skill to defeat the monsters or will things go differently than he planned?

Mama opines: This is one of those books that is really fun to read out loud. There are monsters and quests and passages in all caps, which of course calls for you and your little one to yell it out. It starts off as a book about boys and their seemingly inherent need to fight, but quickly becomes a sweet story about childhood and friendship.

Thoughts from David: I like it because it has a little boy who is six years old and because he battles a terrible dragon. Then he battles a giant. He battles a Griffin too and the Leviathin in the ocean.
Favorite part: When he battles everyone

Happy Reading! 

4 comments:

  1. :) David's thoughts always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you commented on my blog and allowed me to discover yours! My boy just turned two and loves reading and hopefully that will continue as he grows older. So I'm always on the lookout for great books. And I can't wait to see what else David recommends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing reading recommendations with other parents. I think we all get a bit tired of reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar or Curious George for the nine millionth time! :)

      Delete